With summer getting closer to being over and school starting next month, we thought we would give students some helpful tips on moving out. These are some important things to think about when moving out and into your new place.
- Make sure to give a 10 day notice. Contact the office to give your vacate date. This will ensure that you are eligible to have your last month pro rated (if you move out mid month for example).
- Don’t over pay because there are no refunds. Your rent is paid in advanced, so as mentioned in tip #1, by communicating with the office you can save money by having your rent prorated to your move out date.
- When moving out and into your new place, make sure to keep your boxes after unpacking. They are easy to store and will save you money for next year when you need to move out again for the summer.
- Keep your lock! This will also save you the money of having to buy a lock when you are ready to store your belongings next summer.
- Rent a truck or find a friend that has a truck in advance. That way you won’t be scrambling to find a way to move your belongings out of storage on the last day.
A-1 Self Storage is proud to support “The Leadership Crucible: Preparing Young Women to Lead” program.
This year was the Leadership Crucible’s inaugural year. The program is currently housed at the Catholic University of South Sudan, and is supported by several sponsors. It is an intensive development program that includes regular and personalized contact with participants. They meet formally with them twice a month for rigorous workshops, coupled with as-needed mentoring throughout the month.
According to the organization’s annual report, less than a third of the adult population of South Sudan is literate, fifty‐one percent of the population lives below the poverty line, economic and health indicators are in the bottom quartile of nations, and the country has very little infrastructure. Solving these challenges requires effective leadership, particularly from women who represent over half of the population. Developing women leaders is essential to the long‐term success of the country.
The Leadership Crucible program attempts to help set up South Sudan for success in the future. The program has been so successful that next year’s program will be expanding to include students from the University of Juba, as well as the Catholic University. They plan on increasing the number of participants next year as well.
“Without seed-funding from A-1 Self Storage, the Leadership Crucible would not exist,” said Patricia Thomson, Director. “Thanks to the Caster family’s support, our pioneer graduates are the foundation of what will become a powerful network of skilled women leaders working to bring peace and development to South Sudan.”
For more information about the Leadership Crucible program, visit their website: http://www.theleadershipcrucible.org/
A-1 Self Storage is proud to sponsor Camp Wana Kura for the 3rd straight year.
Camp Wana Kura will enter its 26th season July 28-31, 2015. The first camp was held in the summer of 1989.
The ADA is the largest provider of camps for children with diabetes in the world, and Camp Wana Kura is the only ADA-funded camp in California for children with type 1 diabetes. Camp Wana Kura is a 4-day camp held annually in July at the Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve for children with type 1 diabetes between the ages of 5 and 12 years old and teens between the ages of 13 and 17. In 2015, there is projected to be 150 campers and 75 teen aids.
At Camp, the campers learn how to self-manage their diabetes and share a traditional camp experience with their peers by learning nutrition habits, including healthy eating and safe medical practices. Camp Wana Kura gives children with diabetes the opportunity to live life just like those around them. The staff create an environment where children can easily make friends and have an opportunity to positively talk about their diabetes.
To learn more or to make a donation visit the website here: http://www.diabetes.org/in-my-community/diabetes-camp/camps/wana-kura.html
A-1 Self Storage Opens Newest Self-storage Facility in San Jose, CA
San Jose, CA – July 23, 2015
A-1 Self Storage, the premier provider of self storage in San Jose, California, announced today the opening of its newest self-storage location in San Jose, CA. This 85,252 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility offers 799 storage units and is located in the Spartan/Keyes neighborhood at 1701 Senter Road.
Featuring 24 hour video surveillance, coded keypad entry, and cylinder locks, this brand new facility offers the very best in security. Access to the facility is available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily; some of the longest access hours in the area. Wide loading/unloading areas with easy building access were designed to make moving quick and convenient. This facility is located near Spartan Municipal Stadium and Happy Hallow Park, providing affordable self storage to businesses and residents in the East San Jose area including Seven Trees and Central San Jose
“We are proud to be part of the San Jose community,” said Brian Caster, President and CEO of A-1 Self Storage. “Our fifth location in San Jose, we continue to offer the right kind of storage at the right price. We designed this property to offer the very best self storage experience possible.”
A-1 Self Storage will hold an official ribbon cutting ceremony with the San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce in August. We encourage businesses and residents of the city of San Jose to join us for this brief ceremony and refreshments. Facility tours will be available to the general public following the ceremony.
To learn more about the newest A-1 Self Storage location in San Jose, visit our website at http://a1stor.co/1GrlFGn.
About A-1 Self Storage:
A-1 Self Storage is one of the leading providers of storage units in California, with 5 self storage locations in San Jose. A-1 Self Storage is the self storage division of the Caster Group, a third generation family owned company headquartered in San Diego, California serving local communities since 1959. The Caster Group specializes in acquisitions, development, and management of A-1 Self Storage. Our real estate portfolio includes over 5 million square feet in real estate properties, including 48 self-storage locations with over 33,000 customers. It is one of California’s largest independent self-storage and car storage owner/operators.
We know that you can’t store everything with us, so we are to help you get a little more organized around the house! These tips will help keep every room in your house looking as neat and clean as our storage units!
- CD Rack Tupperware Storage: Are you always losing the lids to your tupperware? Use a metal CD rack to keep them upright and organized.
- Office Organizer – Wine rack: Put plastic cups in a stackable wine rack to store your pens, pencils, and other craft supplies. If you have children or are into doing crafts, then this is the perfect solution for storing all of your craft supplies!
- Closet Organizer: Its always hard to find the right space in your closet for your hats and scarves. Try using a hanger and shower curtain rings to keep them organized. It is both cheap a cheap and effective solution!
- Bathroom Storage: This is the perfect solution to keeping your bathroom counter clutter free. Attach a file box to the side of a counter or on a wall. It is a perfect place to store your hair dryer, hair straightener or curling iron while they cool.
- Re purposed Hanging Shoe Organizer: Short on cabinet space in the laundry room? Hang a shoe organizer on the back of the door to store all of your cleaning supplies, such as your bleach, spray ‘n’ wash, etc.
- Ziploc Bag Storage: Rather than have Ziploc bags take up valuable space in your pantry, use push pins to hang the Ziploc bag boxes to the wall of your pantry.