Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) is raising awareness this Halloween for children with food allergies. The Teal Pumpkin Project was created to encourage the community to offer non-food items to children this Halloween. To raise awareness and let trick-or-treaters know you provide non-food treats place a teal painted pumpkin on your porch.
FARE has some great recommendations for fun non-food items:
- Glow sticks, bracelets, or necklaces
- Pencils, pens, crayons or markers
- Halloween erasers or pencil toppers
- Whistles, kazoos, or noisemakers
- Bouncy balls
- Finger puppets or novelty toys
For more ideas on non-food treats, and information about The Teal Pumpkin Project please visit: http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project
We are currently seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative for our Sales Center in Mission Valley. The position involves handling inbound telephone sales calls, consulting, booking reservations, accepting credit card payments, and providing superior customer service. Other duties include handling online inquiries & reservations via e-mail and “live” chat, assisting our rental/payment kiosk customers remotely, meeting individual & team sales goals, and maintaining accurate records. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, detail oriented with great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
A-1 Self Storage currently owns and operates 51 self storage facilities throughout California & Texas. A-1 Self Storage is a 50 year old family owned company headquartered in San Diego, and is one of California’s premier self storage companies.
- Candidates must have flexibility in availability and scheduling; able to work various shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Schedule subject to change.
- This part-time position offers 20 – 25 hours per week
- Sales Center Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 am-7 pm, Sat 8 am-6 pm & Sun 9 am-5 pm
- High school degree or equivalent
- At least 6 months of telephone sales experience required, preferably in a Call Center environment
- Previous hotel or car rental reservations experience very helpful, but not required
- Excellent telephone sales and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate w/ basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good typing skills (must have the competency to participate in “live” online chats)
- Must be a team player, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening and thorough background check
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
*** No phone calls about this position, please.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. ALL RESUMES MUST BE IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT ONLY WITH DATES OF EMPLOYMENT (MONTH & YEAR) INCLUDED PLEASE. Compensation: Up to $14/hr DOE ($12 per hour base plus bonuses)
Keeping your car organized doesn’t need to be too time consuming or costly. You just need to implement a few car organization tips and tricks!
- Use pouches to store tissues, hand sanitizer and other travel-size necessities this will help alleviate clutter in your center console.
- Use silicone cupcake liners in your cup holders, this is a great way for an easy cleanup.
- Make on the go meals much less of hassle with a plastic basket from the dollar store.
- Expand your cup holder space with a basket and muffin pan. Perfect for holding large groups of drinks!
- Keep a car log to stay on top of your car maintenance.
- Keep your loose change in a gum container. This will help prevent miscellaneous coins from ending up all over the ground of your car.
How do you keep your car organized? Leave us a comment if you have additional tips to share.
Halloween is just around the corner, it’s time to transform your pumpkin into a masterpiece!The biggest challenge year after year is, how to keep pumpkins from rotting and molding before Halloween arrives. Here are some tips to help ensure that your pumpkin lasts as long as possible:
Pick the Right Pumpkin – Choose a pumpkin that is fresh, with a sturdy stem and that has no bruises. Also make sure to find one that has a flat bottom so it does’t roll.
Scoop Out The Pulp – When prepping your pumpkin make sure to scrape out as much as the pulp possible. The cleaner and drier of the inside of the pumpkin, the slower the rotting process will take.
Use Bleach – Give your fresh and carved pumpkin a bleach bath. You will want to use one teaspoon of bleach per gallon of water. This is a great way to hydrate your pumpkin and also eliminate any bacteria.
Refrigerate Pumpkin Overnight – If you live in warmer climate area it is recommended that you place carved pumpkins in fridge at night instead of keeping them on the porch. This will help to re hydrate your pumpkin.
Use A Fly Trap – There is doubt that Pumpkins attract fruit flies. Fruit flies will enhance the rotting process of a pumpkin therefore it is essential to keep a fly trap near by.
Let us know if you have any tips tricks you would like to share for this Halloween season.