Did you know that A-1 Self Storage offers the convenience of renting your storage unit completely online?
Don’t waste your time, you can rent online! You can complete a paperless rental online that is fast and easy. Plus you can still get the best pricing and specials. You can rent your storage space from the comfort of your own computer, tablet, or smartphone – day or night!
From choosing the right sized storage unit for your needs, to selecting the type of unit access you prefer (ground level, climate controlled*, or drive up access), and making your payment with your credit card, everything can be done online. You will even receive an email confirmation with your payment receipt and your rental documents. When you finish the rental process online, you simply need to stop by our office during business hours to receive your gate code and purchase your lock. It’s that easy!
Rent online to save time and guarantee your unit. We guarantee you’ll love your storage unit, or we’ll make it right. And, we only do month-to-month leases, so you’re never stuck in a contract.
To get started, visit our website at http://www.a1storage.com to find the A-1 Self Storage location nearest you and look for the Rent Now
Garage sale season is here! Instead of throwing away miscellaneous items, why not have some fun and host a garage sale? Garage sales are perfect for decluttering and downsizing your house.
- Pick a Date– The Fist step is to choose dates and times of your garage sale. Most people go with Saturday or Sunday mornings. You’ll get a larger crowd if you start earlier in the day, especially on weekends.
- Gather Inventory – Go through every room in your house and pick up anything you haven’t used in months. Don’t forget to go through closets, attics, and garages. I’m sure you will find excellent garage sale items. Don’t underestimate the value of what you find, you may be surprised what people end up buying.
- Place Ads – Put up flyers and bulletin boards in your community. Make sure the sign is legible, also consider drawing arrows on the signs to help guide customers to your yard sale. Be sure to check with your city and see if they require you to have a permit to run a garage sale. Don’t forget to spread word of mouth; tell your co-workers, friends, family and even consider posting a craigslist ad about your yard sale.
- Get supplies – Make sure you have everything you need at least a day before the garage sale. You will need chairs to sit on, table or a place to take payments and provide change.
- Sort & Price your items – Sort your items before you price. Divide all your items by category such as clothes, books, home goods. After you sort and organize items it’s time to price them! You can use plain stickers and a sharpie to make your own price tags.
Most importantly have some fun with your garage sale! Comment and let us know if you have any garage sale tips and tricks you would like to share.
You are all ready to leave the house when you suddenly realize you don’t have your keys! Does this sound familiar? Searching for misplaced items could set your day back and leave you frustrated. According to U.S. News and World Report, the average American spends one year of their life looking for lost or misplaced items. Do you want to be able to find your personal belongings within seconds? We will provide you with handy tips that will prevent you from loosing important items.
- Keep Spaces Clutter Free – This will help you see your missing items easily. You’ll be less stressed finding things when your environment is organized and clean.
- Create a Landing Zone – This is an area where you will drop off your personal belongings as soon as you enter your home or office. This is also where you will pick up your items before you head out. Have a designated area like a tray, bowl, basket, or even a wall-mounted key holder.
- Keep Spares – Keep things like spare keys and spare glasses in one assigned place in your house. This will help alleviate stress when you are in desperate need.
- Use Apps to Find Phone – Install Find My iPhone or Find My Lost Phone on your smartphone. This app will allow you to track the location of your smartphone or tablet.
How do you stay organized? Let us know in the comments below!
We are looking for a full-time SALES ASSOCIATE for our San Jose area self storage locations. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, outgoing, highly motivated, great at customer service, and have a strong retail sales background. This position involves providing superior customer service in-person and over the telephone. It also includes ensuring the property is clean, well-maintained, and meets company standards. All positions require some janitorial duties and weekend scheduling.
A-1 Self Storage currently owns and operates 51 self storage facilities throughout California and Texas. A-1 Self Storage is a 60 year old family owned company headquartered in San Diego and is one of California’s premier self storage companies.
WE OFFER YOU THE FOLLOWING:
- Full-Time — up to 40 hours per week schedule (5 day work week)
- This is NOT a seasonal position
- Competitive Hourly Pay – commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Program w/Employer Matching
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- No Late Night Shifts! Store Hours: Mon-Fri 9-6 & Sat – Sun 9-5
- Company Shirts Are Provided – Wear Your Own Jeans & Sneakers to Work!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work weekends
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Excellent customer service skills in-person and on the telephone
- At least 1-2 years of retail sales or customer service experience required
- Must be willing and able to perform routine janitorial duties
- Able to work independently & with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, have great organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Must be a team player, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Computer literate w/ basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, car insurance coverage & clean DMV record
- Must be able to successfully pass alcohol/drug screening & background check
- All positions require weekend working hours
Only local candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered for this Sales Associate position.
*** No phone calls about this position, please.
How to Apply:
E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be submitted in PDF or Word format only for consideration of this position. Be sure to include your email address on resume and only apply if you meet our qualifications and are available 7 days per week.