Summer is finally here! It’s that time of year again, time to pack up your friends or family in the car and hit the road. Planning a perfect road trip can seem very stressful, but don’t worry we’re providing you with some extra tips.
1. Clean Your Car– Start by removing everything from your car that you will not need. This includes not only exterior, but also cleaning the interior, the trunk, and glove compartment for items that are not important for your trip. Try to conserve space for essentials items you might need a long the way.
2. Car Maintenance – The last thing you want to happen is for your car to break down while your on the road. It’s recommended that you receive car maintenance before traveling long distances. Make sure car gets an oil change and also check to see if you spare tire is functional.
3. Plan Route In Advance – Make sure to plan your route well in advance. When you are unsure of your route, it can be time consuming and even very frustrating. You do not want to be lost in an unfamiliar place, especially at night. Take time to map out and plan your route before you head off.
4. Plan To Follow A Budget – It’s easy to spend money and get carried away when you are on the road. From souvenir shops to expensive restaurants there will be many temptations to spending a lot of money. To prevent spending too much money set a budget for yourself.
5. Charge Your Electronics – Your phone and other devices should be fully charged before you leave home. Also it will be important to bring a car charger with you along the way.
6. Buy Snacks For Your Trip – Being hungry and thirsty on the road can lead to expensive purchases at the convenience store. You can save time and money by packing snacks and beverages with you. Buy snacks that are easy to eat while driving!
7. Make Hotel Reservations Beforehand – Plan over night stays a head of time. When Mapping out your route, also determine how many miles you will want to drive in a day. Research places online before you head off to save you the stress of making last minute plans.
A little planning ahead can go a long way toward making your road trip the best yet! Follow this tips and you’ll be set to go.
We are currently seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative for our Sales Center in Mission Valley. The position involves handling inbound telephone sales calls, consulting, booking reservations, accepting credit card payments, and providing superior customer service. Other duties include handling online inquiries & reservations via e-mail and “live” chat, assisting our rental/payment kiosk customers remotely, meeting individual & team sales goals, and maintaining accurate records. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, detail oriented with great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
A-1 Self Storage currently owns and operates 51 self storage facilities throughout California & Texas. A-1 Self Storage is a 50 year old family owned company headquartered in San Diego, and is one of California’s premier self storage companies.
Candidates must have flexibility in availability and scheduling; able to work various shifts, including mornings, weekends, and holidays. This position includes working weekends. Schedule subject to change.
- This part-time position offers 20 – 25 hours per week
- Sales Center Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 am-7 pm, Sat 8 am-6 pm & Sun 9 am-5 pm
- High school degree or equivalent
- At least 6 months of telephone sales experience required, preferably in a Call Center environment
- Previous hotel or car rental reservations experience very helpful, but not required
- Excellent telephone sales and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate w/ basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good typing skills (must have the competency to participate in “live” online chats)
- Must be a team player, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening and thorough background check
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Qualified applicants should apply be sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. ALL RESUMES MUST BE IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT ONLY WITH DATES OF EMPLOYMENT (MONTH & YEAR) INCLUDED PLEASE.
The City of La Mesa is holding their annual Flag Day Parade on Saturday, June 4th. This patriotic event, known as “A Salute to Old Glory,” is an annual tradition featuring a parade and other festivities in the Village.
The Parade starts at 10:00 am and proceeds along La Mesa Boulevard from Memorial Drive, through the downtown village, to Acacia Avenue. As a result, traffic around our A-1 Self Storage location in La Mesa on Spring Street may be delayed. Please check the traffic information provided by the City to determine if your trip will be affected.
On Sunday, June 5, 2016, San Diego will be hosting the 19th annual Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. This event will bring more than 30,000 runners and walkers to San Diego streets, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators.
Be aware of road closures and detours between 5 AM and 2 PM throughout the city. Due the size of this event, we have several San Diego A-1 Self Storage locations affected. The parking lot at 1190 W. Morena Blvd. will not be accessible until approximately 1 PM. Traffic around our A-1 Self Storage locations at 2235 Pacific Highway and 3911 Pacific Highway will be delayed.
Please plan to allow for extra travel time or plan an alternate route accordingly. For more information check out the Race Course Map.
Our Corporate Office has a job opening for a Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to support our team and work in a fast paced environment. This position also includes operating as a purchasing agent for our storage locations’ supplies.
A-1 Self Storage currently owns and operates 51 self storage facilities throughout California & Texas. A-1 Self Storage is a 60 year old family-owned company headquartered in San Diego, and is one of California’s premier self storage companies.
WE OFFER YOU THE FOLLOWING:
- Full-Time – 40 hours per week schedule
- Competitive Hourly Pay – commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Program w/Employer Matching
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Outgoing and Friendly
- Good grammar and spelling
- Dependable and Hard Working
- Quick Worker
- Proficient typist
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel particularly)
- Experienced in multi-tasking
- Team oriented, ready to work with all departments
- Must be able to successfully pass alcohol/drug screening & background check
- Excellent work history
- 4 year college degree is preferred
Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com. Please submit a complete resume with education, places, and dates (include month and year) of employment in Word or PDF format to be considered for this position. Be sure to include your email address on resume.