A-1 Self Storage is proud to participate as local toy drop site for the U.S Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program!
The goal for the Toys for Tots program is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate children in our local communities. This is a wonderful cause to help children throughout the U.S. to experience the joy of Christmas. All California A-1 Self Storage locations are collecting new, unwrapped toys now through December 15th.*
For more information about the Toys for Tots program, visit: http://toysfortots.org/Default.aspx
*Dates may vary by location – contact your closest facility to confirm
Thanksgiving is just about here! For some of us, the best part about Thanksgiving are the leftovers. Depending on how many family members and guests attend your feast, you may find yourself with a huge amount of leftover food. Do not let the leftovers go to waste! Below we are providing you with storage tips on how to store your leftover Thanksgiving feast.
- Before Thanksgiving Day, clear some room in your refrigerator and freezer to make room for all of the leftovers. Plastics bins are a great way to group common types of food and help get the refrigerator organized.
- Make sure to have plenty of freezer bags, and Tupperware (make sure they all have a lids).
- It’s recommended within two hours of serving the meal to refrigerate leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and other side dishes to avoid bacterial growth. Before refrigerating the turkey, carve the leftover turkey meat off the bones to save space.
- Purchasing round plastic pie storage containers can help save room in the refrigerator. You can stack them, plus you will not have to worry about anything crushing your pies! It’s important to refrigerate pies that contain eggs including pumpkin, custard, and cream pies.
- In order to keep track of the food you have stored in your refrigerator, you should write the name of the food, and the date when you put them in the fridge.
- If you are not planning on eating all of the leftovers within 4 days, store the leftovers in your freezer this will allow them to keep much longer.
- Finally, once the leftovers are packed away, refrain from opening and closing the fridge until the food has cooled down.
What tip would you like to share? Or you can tell us how you’ll be using your leftovers. Leave us a comment we would love to hear!
A-1 Self Storage wishes you Happy Thanksgiving filled with love and joy.