Getting organized ahead of time to file your taxes can alleviate a lot of the stress involved with meeting the April 18th deadline. Now is the time to start on this year’s taxes if haven’t already started on your 2016 tax return. Below are helpful tips and reminders to make sure you have all the information you will need when its time to file your taxes.
- Designate a space for tax organization – Whether it be your home office, kitchen table, or even a storage unit, make sure your tax record keeping has a designated spot.
- Decide on a filing system – If you use paper clips, accordion folders, color-coded post-it notes, or some other filing system, decide on how your going hold together important paperwork and documents. If you do everything online and decide to do paperless, be sure to keep electronic records.
- Gather all income statements and documents (including receipts) – Group together all sources of income, including W-2, 1098, or 1099 forms, as well as paid invoices or any other evidence of income you have received in the past year. Keep your receipts in a separate folder.
- Plan ahead – To limit last minute stress, create a calendar to plan your tax time to-dos, and aim to have your taxes filed in advance. You will want to have a schedule for keeping your documents organized. Is it that you will file the proper items at the end of the work week? Create a habit, use alarms, and set reminders to help you create this habit.
- Decide how you will file – Will you be using a tax filing software program, give everything to your accountant, or just file the paperwork by yourself? Whatever you decide, make sure you have everything in order prior to the deadline.
Tax season doesn’t have to be stressful. Stay organized and plan ahead of time. With these simple tips, tax organization should be simpler!
Please make note of our upcoming holiday schedule:
New Year’s Eve – Saturday, December 31st – our offices will close at 4 PM
New Year’s Day – Sunday January 1st – our offices will be CLOSED
Normal access hours are available at most A-1 Self Storage locations. Please check with your local facility to confirm the schedule. For your convenience, we also offer a 24 hour rental/payment kiosk at 19 of our A-1 Self Storage locations! We will reopen on Monday, January 2nd.
Wishing you a new year filled with peace, prosperity, love, and laughter. Happy New Year!
The holiday season is upon us! Turkey, Christmas lights, and shopping are all holiday traditions that bring great joy. Here are some tips to keep you safe and enjoy the holiday season.
Fried turkey can be very tasty but pose a potential hazard. The hot oil can spill causing a fire or skin burns. To avoid accidents, don’t overfill the fryer and always thaw the turkey prior to cooking.
Christmas Light Safety
Candles and Christmas lights are a fire hazard, especially near a Christmas tree. Christmas trees can become dry and extremely flammable. It is important to keep candles in a safe place away from children and decorations. Check holiday lights for any frayed cords and keep tress well watered to prevent drying. Always remember to turn off lights when you go to bed or leave home.
Higher cases of theft happen around the holiday shopping season. To prevent theft try to shop during the day, or shop with a friend or family member at night. Never leave shopping bags or purses visible in your vehicle. When shopping always be aware of your surroundings and never leave your purse or wallet unattended. Always report any suspicious activity.
- Keep your travel plans off social media
- If you are traveling out of town notify a trusted neighbor who can keep an eye out
- Secure all valuables
- Leave a television on so it looks like someone is home
- Ask a neighbor or friend to pick up your mail if you will be gone for a long period of time
- Consider shipping your packages to work office or amazon locker to avoid thieves
We hope you have a happy and safe holiday season. For more safety tips, visit your local police department website.
We are currently seeking a part-time Customer Service Representative for our Sales Center in Mission Valley. The position involves handling inbound telephone sales calls, consulting, booking reservations, accepting credit card payments, and providing superior customer service. Other duties include handling online inquiries & reservations via e-mail and “live” chat, assisting our rental/payment kiosk customers remotely, meeting individual & team sales goals, and maintaining accurate records. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, detail oriented with great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
A-1 Self Storage currently owns and operates 51 self storage facilities throughout California & Texas. A-1 Self Storage is a 50 year old family owned company headquartered in San Diego, and is one of California’s premier self storage companies.
- Candidates must have flexibility in availability and scheduling; able to work various shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Schedule subject to change.
- This part-time position offers 20 – 25 hours per week
- Sales Center Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 am-7 pm, Sat 8 am-6 pm & Sun 9 am-5 pm
- High school degree or equivalent
- At least 6 months of telephone sales experience required, preferably in a Call Center environment
- Previous hotel or car rental reservations experience very helpful, but not required
- Excellent telephone sales and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate w/ basic proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Good typing skills (must have the competency to participate in “live” online chats)
- Must be a team player, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening and thorough background check
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
*** No phone calls about this position, please.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should apply by sending a resume to email@example.com. ALL RESUMES MUST BE IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT ONLY WITH DATES OF EMPLOYMENT (MONTH & YEAR) INCLUDED PLEASE. Compensation: Up to $14/hr DOE ($12 per hour base plus bonuses).
All A-1 Self Storage locations will be closed on Thursday, November 24, 2016.
So that our Associates may celebrate Thanksgiving Day with their families, our offices will be closed for the holiday. Normal access hours are available at most locations. Please check with your location to confirm the schedule. For your convenience, we also offer a 24 hour rental/payment kiosk at 19 of our A-1 Self Storage locations! We will reopen on Friday, November 25th.
Our sincerest thanks and best wishes to you & your family for a happy Thanksgiving Day!